RSS

Poetry Marathon 3: ABSTINENCE


May 17,2009

11:40 pm

Perspective

She scans the sky 
the distance
approximates a knifed horizon-
the panorama of solitude
envelopes her:

she's but a dot 
from above.

11:50 pm

See

See 
let itbe
me

me
be it
letsee.

11:56

Deep more, dip it to fit

Deep,
dip

more
to fit

deep it
fit more

deep more
fit it

to more
deep 
dip.

May 18, 2009

12:04 am

Circles

There is a circle:
a bulging round thing

i clasp it
slowly,
pressing it
hardly

i circle my fingers
around another
circle
round and round
and round
and there it arouses
mightier than me-

I gasp.

12:06

Morning

dust motes 
from an early 
morning birth
swim in the air
they constitute
a community
of lost promises
only seen when
shed by the light.

12:10 am

Fragments
(for Kaye Quinones)

Tonight, i remembered
a dream deferred

there on the balcony,
i sat together with solitude,
we were drinking from a cup of gold,
a bacchanalia of poison-

suddenly,
everything changed-

caged in a mirrored room
i saw myself

layer by layer by layer
they unfleshed me

it was as if they were shards
of reflection

the only refuge i could have
was to caress my body

believing that i would never become
fragments that would soon

vanish as they could never be
a whole piece again.

COPYRIGHTED MARCH 2008

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 endeavored to criticize: